As business owners and managers, the safety of our employees, our customers, and their families is our top priority. Since our community was first impacted by COVID-19, we have been faced with continually changing safety regulations and recommendations. We have compiled the following list of resources as a quick reference guide you can use when making decisions for your business. We hope this helps our community adapt to the continuing changes due to the impact of COVID-19.
- The United States Department of Labor, through its Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), offers COVID-19 Control and Prevention guidance specific to construction employees and workers. Among its recommendations, OSHA encourages construction companies to conduct a job hazard analysis to determine which work activities impact the social-distancing protocols.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry, “recognizing that the construction industry is vital to Pennsylvania’s economy,” permitted construction activities to resume per its Guidance for Businesses in the Construction Industry Permitted to Operate During the COVID-19 Disaster Emergency.
- You can find answers to frequently asked questions about keeping construction workers safe during the pandemic as well as other construction-industry concerns following its re-opening.
- The S. Chamber of Commerce provides state-by-state workplace guidance, including PPE requirements to ensure construction worker safety. An interactive map makes it easy to find information specific to Pennsylvania.
- The Associated Pennsylvania Constructors, a trade organization of contractors, consulting engineers, material suppliers, manufacturers, and others in the construction industry, provides coronavirus resources, updates, and guidance specific to restarting construction projects.
- The Delaware Department of Labor offers OSHA COVID-19 Resources, including guidance on COVID-19 control and prevention.
- Maryland dedicates its COVID-19 Business Response page as a central reference point for best business practices related to risk mitigation and safe workplace plans.
- The National Association of Home Builders offers jobsite safety guidance specific to the construction industry and coronavirus risk mitigation. The site offers materials including a jobsite safety poster, jobsite checklist, and information regarding economic relief to support customers.